Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,
This year my Christmas wish is to be able to...

-have a good night's sleep,
-take a shower,
-go to the bathroom,
-and eat a meal

....without any interruptions!

Love, Christy

Seriously, these past 6 weeks have been SO HARD!!! I've had a really hard recovery. Once I got home from the hospital, things took a turn for the worse. I was in a lot of pain for about 4 weeks, and poor Zach is not a calm, happy baby. I really don't know what's bothering him. I've tried everything I can think of...gas drops, gripe water, massages, a warm rice bag, essential oils, having him sleep on an incline, eliminating dairy (and some other things) from my diet...and none of it seems to be helping.

He just grunts and spits up and fusses all day long (and night too). And won't sleep for very long stretches. It seems like he's in a lot of pain. He gets all red in the face and arches his back and seems like he's trying to push something out. I took him to the doctor this week to see if he could find anything wrong with him. We're trying some reflux meds for a few weeks. So far, they don't seem to be making a difference though. :( But the doc said to give it 2 weeks.

I really hope it works or that we can figure out something that works because if not, I'm really going to lose it here pretty quick. Sometimes I feel like I don't have what it takes to be a mother. And poor Emmy is suffering too. At least she tries to be helpful and goes to get Zach his binky or his medicine or whatever when he is crying.

1 comment:

Dave and Gina said...

random blog follower here. I have BEEN THERE with the whole baby in pain/going crazy/what the H can I do do help my baby?!?! The reflux meds do take at least 2 weeks. After a month, even better. I have a TON more ideas/suggestions. Or, if you're feeling like there is nobody who GETS IT, trust me, I do. You can email me at gina.rees (AT)gmail.com if you want any more suggestions. God bless.