Monday, September 19, 2011

The Trifecta of Bike Rides

On Saturday I rode in the Wonder Woman Bike Ride. I did the 62 mile distance. It was fantastic. Unfortunately I forgot my camera though, so I have no pictures. :( I decided to do this race about 10 days ago. I wasn't planning on it, but then I decided that I did the other two women's rides in Utah, so I better complete the Trifecta and do this one too!

It started in Payson and went south, around a lake, through a canyon, past some farmlands, through a herd of sheep (for reals) and back up north and around to Payson again. I really enjoyed it. I thought it would be fairly flat, but it was quite hilly. Plus, the first 20 miles or so, there was a nasty headwind. But, considering that I pretty much did zero training for this, I did pretty well.

This race was my 2nd favorite of the Trifecta. The Little Red Riding Hood was my fave by far and then my least fave was the Goldilocks race. Anyway, this race was pretty well organized and marked, the aid stations were pretty good (my favorite were the EL Fudge cookies and chocolate milk!) and it was a really pretty course. This was only the 2nd year of this race, so it will keep getting even better! I would definately do it again. Oh, and we (me and Caron) wore Wonder Woman capes that flapped in the wind the whole 62 miles. It was awesome.

No comments: