Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day as an actual mother, and I actually felt like the holiday was really for me. Matt made me a yummy breakfast and card, and told me that I could go get a massage. Emmy got me some pretty flowers and drew me a picture. It was a great morning. I felt so loved. Not to mention that Matt entertained Emmy the whole day on Saturday while I was doing my bike race.

Becoming a mom has completely changed my life. I know absolutely nothing about being a mom. I think I'm still trying to figure out who "Mom Christy" is exactly.

But I do know that I love my little Emmy baby. She makes me smile every single day, and I love watching her grow and learn and discover. I probably take at least 10 pictures of her every day, just because she looks so cute.




Some of my favorite things about being a mom are: seeing that cute smiling face every morning, watching her do funny things, seeing her learn new things and develop new skills, waving hi to her and her waving back, tickling her and making her laugh, watching her give kisses to her books and stuffed animals, watching her play with her toys and look at her books, hearing her jabber and babble, watching Matt be a daddy, and hearing other people tell me how cute she is.

Thank you Emmy and Matt for making me a mommy, even though I sometimes have identity crises about being a mom. And Happy Mother's Day to my own wonderful mom and mother-in-law!

No comments: