Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beef

No it's not what's for dinner. I have some beef about Gold's Gym and since no one there will return my calls or emails, I need to vent. Gold's Gym canceled ALL the spin and aerobics classes at the Provo gym. All of them. Who does that? They say they are turning that location into a cardio and weights-only gym. I was going to classes about 3-4 times a week and they were always completely full. Most of the time you even had to get to spin class early to get a bike. The night classes were also really full. I (and a ton of other people) have called and emailed numerous times to complain about this totally ridiculous decision but no one there will listen to any of us. Or even talk to us about it for that matter.

And now my workout routine is totally messed up. I had it all worked out. I went to spin class 2-3 mornings a week at 6 a.m., I would usually go another 1-2 days a week (also at 6 a.m.) to do something else like run or lift weights, and then go to Zumba class/lift weights on Saturdays. I don't know what I am going to do now. My run days are not affected but the other ones are! The Spanish Fork gym is just a few minutes farther away than the Provo gym, so I don't mind going there. But their classes start so early. Like at 5:15! Who wants to go at 5:15 a.m.? The Orem gym has classes at 6, but it is 20-25 minutes away. So I would still have to get up earlier--not to mention extra gas money and time for driving 40 min round trip to the gym. I think not! I am a work-out-in-the-morning type of person, so I know that if I try to go to the night classes, it won't happen.

Anyway, this is not the first time we have had problems with Gold's Gym. They are just plain rude and don't care about their customers at all. Unfortunately we are still in a contract that lasts another year, but after that we are definitely going to be going to a different gym. Even if it is farther away.

I just hope I can figure out another workout schedule that will work. But not til next week, cuz this is my rest week before my century bike ride on Saturday!

No comments: