Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who needs a nap?

Who wants to take a nap when there are so many more fun things to do...like take your socks off and eat them!

This is how I have found Emmy when I go in to get her up from her naps lately. Just sitting up in her crib playing with her socks that she has taken off. It is so funny. Ever since she has learned to crawl, she has been such a hoot. She loves her newfound mobility. And I love watching her discover all the new things she is discovering now. It's amazing to me how fast she has learned just in the past week. She knows she can get stuff by herself now. She can sit up from crawling and go into crawling mode from sitting up. She knows how to get stuff out of containers like her toy basket and her diaper bag. And she knows she can get to me when I'm in the kitchen and she's in the family room. It is so fun to see her learn so fast.

She loves other babies. She must be socially deprived or something. Whenever she sees one, she just lights up and tries to hold their hands. It is so funny! Some other funny things she is doing lately are: whenever she has a cracker, she taps it on the table like she is dipping it in something. She loves to play with her toothbrush and acts like she is brushing her teeth. She turns her cup upside down and shakes it like she is trying to get more out. Anyway, I love that she makes me smile and laugh every day. And even if I'm in a grumpy mood, one smile from her can turn it right around. I am looking forward to even more funny stuff as she discovers more and more.

No comments: