Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Going back

Yesterday I was a guest speaker in the class I used to teach at BYU. I was super nervous about going back. I fretted all day with thoughts about how everyone probably thought they were better off with their new adviser, and how no one probably even missed me, etc. etc. I was afraid to go back and see all the possible changes and stuff that people had made once I left.

But hopefully all my fretting was in vain. I thought my presentation went well, and I hope the kids in the class learned something useful. People seemed excited to see me, and that made me happy. I miss my students. I really do. I miss trying to help them be successful. That's why I wanted to work in that department...to help people to be successful, to hopefully be a good influence in their lives, and help them to have a good college experience. I truly hope I was able to do that with at least some of the students I had a chance to work with.

Even though I miss it, and sometimes it is hard working from home at my new job, I am happy to be able to be home with Emily. I love not having to miss out on Emily's developments. I love that she is able to have a more consistent schedule. And I love that my life is not as stressful as it used to be.

No comments: