Friday, August 20, 2010

Date night

Even though we have a baby now and it's harder to get out, I am not about to give up my weekly date night with Matt. So we have had to get creative in the things we can do for our dates. Last week we decided to try taking Emily for a short hike. We went to Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove.

She fussed for the first 5 minutes or so, but then she fell right to sleep in her little baby backpack. I think she liked the sound of the running water of the stream we were hiking next to.

It was really nice to get out and go for a quick hike and be in the mountains. And it was a lovely waterfall and a great view of the valley.

I'm glad it worked out. If anyone has any great ideas of date activities that you can do with a baby, please let us know!

We also had our first date last night without Emily. We went to dinner and to see the Lion King at the Capitol Theater. (We had gotten tickets for Christmas.) It was fantastic! When we were dropping Emily off, Matt said, "This is so weird. I feel like I'm ditching my companion on the mission." It was funny. It was so great to have a real date again. But I did start missing her on the way home. Thanks to Loretta for watching her for us!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Good for you guys! She is darling!