Sunday, December 13, 2009

I love my job

I work with two really great groups of students at my job. Since it is the end of the semester, we decided we needed to celebrate. They really have worked hard this semester and have accomplished a lot of wonderful things. These are my students that work in the Human Resources area. We manage all the volunteers that come through the organization.

For our celebration, we decided to go out for an authentic Thai dinner. My favorite part was that we got to sit on pillows on the floor! The food was really delicious. Matt doesn't like Thai food, so I never get to have it. I tried a lot of new things and liked them all. I loved the little rice containers where you get a rice ball and dip it in some yummy peanut sauce. It was really fun!

The other group of students that I work with are the Communications students. They manage our website, Facebook page, do a lot of PR and media relations, and just try to communicate what BYUSA is to the student body.

For our celebration we went to the Brick Oven for lunch. I love the Brick Oven!

They have also worked really hard this semester and have made some big changes of which I am so proud of them for doing. It hasn't been easy, but they have been diligent. I really work with some amazing students. I feel so grateful to have a job that I love and that I get to work with such great students. Despite the many challenges I have faced this semester at work, it really is rewarding to see the accomplishments of these students and to be a part of their lives.

No comments: