Friday, July 17, 2015

Utah trip & other summer stuff

Emmy took swimming lessons this year. She did great. On the first day they moved her up from Level 1 to Level 2. She learned to float on her front and back, do bobs by herself, jump in the pool, do superman glides, and sort of do the beginnings of the freestyle. I was so proud of her. She was so brave!

She wanted to jump off the diving board, but after 5 min of standing there, she chickened out.

But she loved the waterslide.

We have been going to Disneyland every week or 2. It's been great! One time we were on the carousel and I looked behind us and the band was there on the horses! Playing their music! It was fantastic!

These sillies love the carousel.

We drove to Utah on the 4th of July weekend to get Matt's car fixed. We broke down between Mesquite and St. George. It was HOT! And the freeway was shut down to one lane. Uggh! But we got going again and made it home.


We had a great time in Utah. Emmy convinced Dad and Grandpa to have a tea party. We also went to the cabin, but I didn't take pictures there. Emmy loved the 4-wheeler!


And of course we had to get some shave ice. California does not have this and it makes me very sad.


We went to the annual cousin party at the Spanish Fork pool, and Emmy discovered the joys of a life jacket and that she could go down the waterslide by herself with it on. She crashed on the way home.


We did fireworks that night. I got to catch up with these awesome ladies who saved my life when I got called as Primary president. I love them so much and I miss them!


We went boating with Grandma and Grandpa Lively.


Emily loved it! Zach liked it if he could sit by me the whole time, but would freak out if I would move or get in the water.


Emmy even convinced Grandma to get in the tube with her.


This was just funny. Zach resting his chin on the table.


We had a family birthday party for Emmy while we were there. She loved the Barbies she got!


We seriously had so much fun. I loved seeing our old neighbors and friends and hanging out with family. I miss living in Riverton. I miss our house and our family and friends and neighbors. I miss living so close to Rivers, who is Emmy's favorite person. She loves playing with him. I miss the gas prices and the grocery prices. I miss having everything so familiar. It was so hard to come back. I cried all the way to Lehi. Then again in St. George when we were leaving Utah. Then again when we crossed the California border. And then again when we drove into the San Bernardino valley. I'm pathetic, I know. This move has just been REALLY hard.

No comments: