Wednesday, July 29, 2015

7 years

We celebrated our 7 year anniversary last week. Since we are in California and have our Disneyland passes, and that is where we got engaged, we decided to go to Disneyland for our anniversary. (Well, actually the day before because our passes were blocked out on our actual anniversary.) Unfortunately we had to bring the kids with us because we had no babysitter. :(

(Seriously, I have the worst time getting a babysitter. After I get over my initial anxiety of calling a teenager that I don't know very well, they are usually busy. So I have to try again. And again. I have tried 4-5 different girls on 3 different weekends thus far since we moved here and no luck. I think teenagers are a lot more busy and a lot less interested in babysitting than they used to be.)

Anyway, back to our anniversary. We mostly hung out at California Adventure because Emmy was begging to go on Soarin' and the jellyfish. I also convinced her to go on the Symphony Swings and then wanted to go on that over and over.

We did, however, go over to Disneyland for dinner at Cafe Orleans. Yum!
The kids were actually pretty good at dinner, which was nice. And they actually were pretty good most of the day...they just wanted to go on rides that I really didn't want to go on. Nothin' says Happy Anniversary like riding Heimlich's Chew Chew Train with your 2-year-old. Ha!

Anyway, we mostly had a fun time until Emmy threw the biggest fit about a stupid balloon. So then we left. Carrying her kicking and screaming all the way back to the car.

I really hope that one of these days we can go without the kids. The next day on our actual anniversary, a family from the ward agreed to watch the kids while we at least went to dinner for an hour.

It's been 7 years full of ups and downs, and this last year has been particularly rough, but I'm glad I have Matt to go through it all with! At least in another 7 years, Emmy will be old enough to babysit and we'll be able to go out alone. :)

No comments: