Monday, June 15, 2015

The list goes on

When we finally made the decision to move to California, I thought things would settle down. Especially after things went so smoothly with getting our house sold so quickly, finding a new house quickly, etc. But seriously everything has fallen apart since then. And I am really struggling. We all are. I feel like the list of things that have gone wrong keeps getting longer with no end in sight.

-we had issues with the transfer of the solar panels
-there was an issue with our lender about property taxes
-there was a delay in our closing date
-when we got to the house, it was a filthy mess, there was stuff still all over in the house (couches, TV, junk, dishes, food, dog hair, etc), the carpets were black and covered in dog pee, and it was just gross.
-so we had to pay to have the carpets cleaned and a cleaning service come clean it up and get everything out
-the movers were 4 days late in bringing our stuff, and they broke a ton of our things
-I'm still dealing with the moving company about getting reimbursed for all that
-the previous owners didn't leave a fridge, garage door openers, or keys so we had to get the locks redone and buy a new fridge=more money
-everyone has given me the runaround about everything and I've had to go to 4 different places to do one simple task (register Emmy for school, get my moving damage report notarized, etc)
-Matt has had to work overtime so he hasn't been around much
-Matt's grandpa died the same week that my family was coming to visit and we had planned this vacation a year ago
-the garbage disposal was spraying out water
-the sprinklers were spewing up
-the yard is a huge mess of weeds, dry spots, etc.
-Matt bought a new car before we moved, and it wasn't ready in time, so he had to go back to Utah and get it and it's been having issues since we got here
-We had some complications selling Matt's old car
-We had to sleep on the floor for a few days until our stuff got here
-The dryer hookup was gas, we have an electric dryer so we had to pay to get the proper hookup, so we were without laundry facilities for 2 weeks.
-We had a fire sprinkler pipe start spewing water from Emmy's wall when hanging curtains, that still isn't fixed
-We wanted to put in new carpet before we moved in, but the carpet was on backorder so we still haven't gotten that.
-While moving a dresser to get ready for new carpet, a big nice mirror broke
-Emmy is bored out of her mind with no kids to play with. There are no kids on our street.
-I feel so alone and that I'm just going to have to keep suffering alone because no one is going to come and help or fix things or make it better.

And there's probably more stuff that I just can't remember right now or that I have blocked out of my memory.

Seriously this has been the worst nightmare. We were just trying to do what we thought was the best thing to do given our situation. But it's just falling apart. I want to run away. I can't see an end in sight. And I'm losing it. My kids are suffering because I can't take care of all this crap and be what they need me to be. What did we do to deserve this? We are all miserable.  All thanks to GE closing down their Salt Lake office and forcing us to have to find a new job.

I have become a horrible, mean, impatient, angry, incompetent person. And I hate that. I have done hard things before. I can do hard things, but I can't keep doing this. Get me out of this nightmare.

No comments: