Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Why did I do this?

Remember how I said that signing Emmy up for soccer may have been the biggest mistake of 2014? Well I was sort of right. The first game she would not even go on the field unless I was holding her hand. And let me tell you, it was the most embarrassing hour of my life! Then the next week at practice, she did awesome! She got in there and played and did the drills and games and stuff. I thought we were going to be ok.

Then at the next game, she refused to play again. She just whined on the sidelines saying how she didn't like soccer.

Zach had fun though.


Then at the next practice, she did great again. But at the next game, repeat of previous games.

I think I figured out what her problem is. At the practices, the coaches' wife takes charge for the first little while until her husband gets there. Emmy does much better with the wife than the actual coach. And for the games, it's just the regular coach.

But last week at practice, he was there the whole time and Emmy would not play. So, Emmy does pretty well when the coaches' wife is in charge of practices. But when the real coach gets there, it's back to the sidelines. I am not sure what to do about this. It is so embarrassing! And every Saturday it's like pulling teeth to get her to the park. And then she just sits there and won't play. She said she wanted to play soccer, which is why I signed her up in the first place, but this is just becoming ridiculous! I don't know whether to just tell her it's over or not, because I don't know if I can take another week of it. She really needs to learn to not be so clingy and how to play with other kids!!!!! But I don't know how to teach her that.

No comments: