Monday, October 20, 2014

Hiking

We took the kids on their first "hike" last weekend. I have really missed hiking, and with the possibility of us moving to a non-mountainous region, I wanted to at least try and take the kids. I picked one that looked pretty easy and short: Cecret Lake in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Well, we never made it to the Cecret Lake trailhead, but instead found a little trail with some fun rocks for the kids to climb on.

Emmy LOVED it! She was climbing all over the place and having a ball. Until it was time to turn around. Then she pouted the whole way back to the car. What a stinker!

Zach had a blast walking on the trail and examining the stuff on the edges. He has started calling everything a "dee" (whatever that means) so he would point at every tree, bush, flower, rock, weed, etc. and yell out "dee!" But he had fun too.

It was a gorgeous day in Little Cottonwood Canyon, and I'm so glad my kiddos enjoyed the "hike". I'm determined to find more short, easy hikes to take them on before it snows.


No comments: