Monday, November 4, 2013

Adventure is out there!

Halloween this year was SO MUCH FUN! Our costumes were inspired by our little Zach, who when he was born had a very similar resemblance to Russell from the movie, UP!

I attempted to be the house from the movie. I spent many hours on my costume, and even enlisted my mom's help, but it was pretty much a complete failure so I had to come up with a last-minute backup plan. So I was Ellie. Even though she isn't around when Russell and Kevin come along, she was still part of the movie!

Emily loved her bird costume. And she loved carrying around those balloons everywhere. When we got ready to go to our ward party, she said that she could not wear shoes because birdies don't wear shoes. She also said she was going to fly to the party because she was a bird. Ha!


I made her costume using a feather boa and a hot glue gun. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Emily had so much fun at the ward Halloween parade and she marched right along carrying those balloons. It was super cute.

And the baby who inspired it all was the cutest little Russell I have ever seen. He just made such a perfect Russell.

A lot of people didn't "get" our costumes. In fact, one person called me Old Mother Hubbard. Sheesh! And it took some people awhile before they caught on, but once they did, they loved it! We had so much fun being the UP family.


And Emily had a BLAST Trick or Treating. Seriously, trick or treating with a 3-year-old is one of the funnest things I have done!


She would run from house to house, yelling, "I'm running! I'm running! Come on guys!" And she was so stinkin' cute at saying trick or treat and thank you at each door. She kept wanting to go to more houses!
She was just so excited that she could go get candy from all the neighbors' houses! It was so much fun!

No comments: