Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The story of the Argentine key

So when I was on my mission in Argentina, they used these really cool old, antique keys for everything. Even the church doors. Like these...

I thought they were so cool, and I wanted to bring one home. Luckily, I found an extra one in one of my apartments that no one knew what it was for. So in my suitcase it went. I thought, "Someday I am going to make something cool with this to hang my keys on."

Fast forward almost 6 years later, I saw this on Pintrest and was reminded of my Argentine key.

So I went to DI, bought an old frame, some hooks and some paint and went to work. Then I could not find my Argentine key anywhere! This foiled the whole plan! But after weeks of searching and opening every box in the house, I finally found it and finished my project. It didn't turn out as cute as the one on Pintrest, but oh well. My 6-year key project has finally been completed.

 I made all my sisters and sisters-in-law make one too for girls night. Theirs turned out much cuter. And then my sister wanted me to make a letter for her new baby (Olivia) coming in May.

And that will probably be the extent of my crafts for another 6 years. :)

No comments: