Monday, April 23, 2012

Bike tours and spring games

Last Saturday was a busy one. We rode in the SLC Bike Marathon for the 5th year in a row. It was fantastic. The weather was perfect and I love how they close off the roads for 26 miles so you can just ride!

I, unfortunately, got a flat tire at about Mile 22. Some nice people helped me pump it up and I made it a few more miles and was flat again about a mile from the finish. The same nice people stopped again and pumped up my tire and I made it to the finish line, and my tire was flat again about 3 minutes after I rode across the finish line.

In the 5 years we have been doing this race, none of us have gotten a flat tire. I hope that was the first and last time that will ever happen. But it was still so fun.

We also went to the U's spring football game. Matt has been counting down the days to this for months. We took a gamble and brought Emmy with us. She mostly did ok.

It was HOT! But Emmy was pretty good and only had a few minor breakdowns and loved throwing her little football at the row in front of us. :) And spilling Gatorade all over herself. (P.S. The only reason I am wearing red is because that was the color of my bike marathon shirt.)

Then we came home and tried to do something with our yard. It still needs a lot of work, but at least we (meaning Matt) got it mowed, edged, fertilized, and the sprinklers working. Happy Spring!

No comments: