Monday, April 2, 2012

Changes

We have had a lot of changes going on around here the past few weeks. We finally moved into our new house on March 24. We have been up to our ears in packing, boxes, moving, unpacking, etc. I have most of the upstairs unpacked, but the downstairs is still full of boxes, and I still need to get the decorations up.

The first night we were here, we commented to each other that it was so quiet without neighbors banging on the walls/ceiling/etc. or playing rock band all day or whatever. So far it has been great.

As we were moving in, many of our new neighbors came over to help and introduce themselves. That was so nice. In fact, moving only took about 3 hours total from starting to load the truck at our apartment to getting everything unloaded at the new place and even cleaning. I was really shocked that it only took that long. And now I never have to move again!!!!

A few of the new neighbors even brought us treats and someone brought us a pizza. I have been waiting for that. No one has ever brought us anything all the times we have moved, and it has been my little test. And the new neighbors passed!

I hope that we will fit in in the ward and neighborhood. It seems we are on the young end of the spectrum and everyone seems to have 4-5 kids or be retired (there is a senior citizen community in our ward).

But we are glad to finally have a house of our own. Other changes going on around here include this....


We are expecting Baby #2 in October! I have been extremely sick and miserable, which has made for quite the interesting moving situation. Packing and puking are not a good combination. I NEVER was sick with Emily at all, so I was really surprised when I started puking multiple times a day. I was really nervous that it would be twins since I have been so sick, but the doc assured me that there is just one in there. All I have to say is this better be a really calm baby to make up for making his/her mommy miserable.

I am really hoping it gets better SOON because I really need to get the rest of the house unpacked and prep for my class I am teaching at BYU-Idaho which starts in 2 weeks. And, you know, do normal things like cook and clean and take Emily to the park or whatever. Poor Emily and Matt have to deal with a miserable, unfunctioning wife and mommy, and I feel like such a disappointment to them.

Anyway, even though it is stressful, we are excited for all these new changes!

12 comments:

Bekah said...

AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Lisa Heinrichs said...

soooo fun. hope you feel better soon!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'll bet it's a boy. I was sicker with Bryant than with Abigail. As for teaching at BYU-I...is it an online class or will you be commuting once a week or so or what? If you need a place to stay, let me know. We are about 30 minutes from Rexburg.

Muffin said...

Hooray! congrats to you! sorry about being sick... i know what that's like..

The Graham Family! said...

CONGRATS! that is sooo exciting! Sorry you have been so sick. With my last two I was sick until about 26 weeks! It's miserable. Sure hope you don't stay sick that long.

Angie Weight Hagerman said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Kristen Brady said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on so many levels! So happy about the new baby (and believe me, I totally understand moving and being pregnant - it's okay to leave things in boxes, I promise!). Sounds like you are in a really good new ward and neighborhood too. So happy for you!

audrey said...

CONGRATS CHRISTY!! That is so exciting! I totally feel you on the whole moving while puking thing. It's no fun, but at least you don't have a harsh deadline unpacking things like you do with packing(like having to be out of a house). You can take your time with the little stuff you don't need in order to survive on a daily basis. :) It sounds like your new neighborhood and ward will be great! The best advice I ever got though, was give it time. Seriously, it's taken me almost two years to settle into our new circumstances and I'm still not all the way there yet. So don't feel like you have to be fully adjusted all at once--it will come :). I'm so so happy for you guys! What fun changes!

Christy said...

Leslie, luckily it's an online class, so I won't be commuting. But thanks for the offer!

rebekah said...

yay! Such wonderful things happening. How exciting for the new baby. And I'm jealous about not moving again. That sounds really nice. congrats!

Betsy said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Krista said...

Congrats on the baby! That's exciting! I'm sorry you're sick. That sounds awful to have to think of moving when you feel that way. If it makes you feel any better I couldn't tell!