Monday, May 10, 2010

Moms!

Happy Mother's Day to all my moms. Thank you for being a wonderful example to me of how to be a good, righteous woman. Both my mom and mother-in-law are excellent people and I'm lucky to have them in my life.

I'm also grateful for the opportunity to be a mom and hope I will be a good one here in a few months. I got a cute little note from our baby yesterday for Mother's Day and it made my day.

I am starting to feel really large. My face is blowing up like a balloon! It is so hard for me because I've spent the last 4 years getting in shape and trying not to be fat anymore that it's hard to see it all coming back. It's hard for me to ride my bike anymore because my belly is in the way. And I had to stop running a couple weeks ago because it was just getting really uncomfortable.

I also feel full and bloated all the time, yet hungry at the same time. I don't get it! And our baby is very active and loves to wiggle around and kick and punch and do the wave. It's really a very odd feeling. The other day my little baby nephew Derek was kicking my tummy and the baby was kicking back. It was kinda funny that they were playing footsies. :) Even though I am feeling very large and tired, I am so grateful this has been a very easy pregnancy. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom.

3 comments:

The Lively's said...

Uh hello...why the heck didn't you tell me she was kicking Derek back? That's really neat! : ) congrats on graduating by the way... I see someone made sure to wear their Utah hat. : )

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I think you look pretty fantastic still. But I'm not having to go through what you are going through, especially after all the hard work to lose the weight. But I'm sure you will start getting back in shape ASAP after she is born. Have you tried swimming and water aerobics to stay in shape? I hear it's supposed to help, because the buoyency of the water helps you move easier.

Christy said...

Yes, I do swim and I like it because I haven't slowed down since becoming pregnant. It's great!