Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm a master!

I made it to graduation day!





Who thought of these silly hood things anyway?

It kind of feels anti-climatic to be done with grad school. I don't get a raise or a promotion or anything, so in most ways having a master's degree doesn't really change anything for me right now. But education isn't necessarily all about the career you have. I'm glad that I have this under my belt in case I ever do need it and I think that I will be glad I did it. I'm glad I didn't quit, even though I was tempted to a few times. And I really think that the things I have learned in my program will help me to be a better mom and person in general. Things like learning how people develop and learn, leadership skills, program budgeting, helping people, and strategic planning are valuable in any situation.

And I had a good day of celebrating. I scheduled myself to get a maternity massage (which was heavenly!), I got a new dress, and we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory after graduation. It was great even though we had to wait for 2 hours. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with me!


Oh, and Matt made sure to get a video of me walking across the stage.

9 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Congratulations! You did it! I'm assumming that's Matt's dad in the Utah cap. Awesome. But hey, at least Matt wore a bluish shirt instead of red. :)

Deb and AJ said...

Congratulations....this is such a great accomplishment for you.

Beth said...

Christy...Rock On! Such a big accomplishment. Glad that you made it through that and now you can focus your time and energy on taking care of little Emily. Good luck with everything.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!

The Woodland's said...

Congrats Christy!! That is so great!!

Kristen Brady said...

Hooray!!!! Congrats - I'm so proudo fyou!

rebekah said...

yay! how exciting to finish. Congrats!

Jonny said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment!
-nat

Sunny said...

Congratulations Christy! Nice work.