Monday, March 30, 2009

My hunny is 30!

Yesterday was Matt's 30th birthday (although if you ask him about it, he will deny it). But anyway, we had a fun birthday celebration. On Saturday night, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Mmmm! It was great. And if it's your birthday you get free ice cream and you get to sit on a horse saddle while the waiters give you a big birthday yee-haw.

Sunday morning I made him a lovely birthday breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, and juice. Yeah, my face got sunburned again during our Saturday run.

Here he is with his presents! I even made him a whole tub of cookie bar (his favorite dessert) and one of those cheesy candy bar posters.

His main present was his new bike! He is so excited about it! He couldn't stop smiling when he came home from the bike shop. The bike wasn't supposed to be for his birthday but our tax return and what he got from selling his old bike wasn't quite enough, so he got the rest for his birthday.


I also got him the movie, The Italian Job and a new church shirt. (Boring, I know...but I wanted him to have stuff to open on his actual birthday and the bike was a lot!)

The best present of all though was that we didn't have to teach Primary!!!! Since it was the 5th Sunday, the bishopric took over the Primary so we could all go to Priesthood and Relief Society. What a great idea!


Later that day we went to Matt's family's house for a birthday dinner. Here he is educating his nephew about the Costco cake. Apparently it is a tradition in Matt's family to get a Costco cake for everyone's birthday. Matt was so excited about it that he leaned over to me in the middle of church and said, "In just a few short hours we will be partaking of the cake."

Between that and our chorister, Verna, who is about 80 years old and is the most animated chorister I have ever seen, I had a hard time not laughing during sacrament meeting.
He was kinda disappointed that he had to share the cake with his sister and grandmas instead of getting his own. I'm not quite sure what he would do with his own entire cake! While they were lighting the candles, Kyle was so concerned and wouldn't let Matt get his hand close to the candles because he was afraid he would get hurt. It was so cute!

And here is Matt partaking of his beloved Costco cake!

I hope he had a most wonderful birthday because he is the most wonderful hunny! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

So what does the poster say? It was a little hard to read.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Matty! I'm glad you got your bike, and what a beauty it is. Christy, I'm sure you made this Matty's best birthday to date. We still need to take you guys to a movie.

Kristen Brady said...

Happy Birthday Matt! The big 3-0! Looks like you two had a great time celebrating, and I'm sure that bike will get a lot of mileage on it this summer!

Piccolina Designs said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! If he needs any advice on being 30 I been there for a while :) (oh wait, sorry, that's not me, I am forever 23) That is fun that he gets so excited about the bike and the cake. I am still so happy for you and him and that you found one another