Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Date Night

This weekend for our date night I decided that I was in the mood to create something. So we went to Target to find one of those art kits where you make or build something. We found 0ne where you get to paint your own mugs. So we purchased it and went home to unleash our artistic whims.

It was very fun. Now we have two really tacky mugs in the cupboard that we will probably never use. But at least we had fun. Plus, when we were at Target Matt found a new bike...

He rode it all down the aisle carrying a piece of chocolate cake. It was hilarious! Then on Sunday we decided that we needed to dye some Easter eggs. I know it's early, but it sounded fun. And besides, we can always dye more than one batch!

Matt made a triathlon egg, an orange egg, and a West Jordan/Utah football egg. I made a starry night egg, a flower garden egg, and a two-toned egg.

I love dyeing Easter eggs...it's one of my favorite traditions! Here are our lovely creations.

5 comments:

caron said...

Ohh! Is that me in the phone? :)
I'm glad to see you are in the festivities. And I love the bike, Matt.

Christy said...

Yes, that is you in the phone. :)

caron said...

Well I'm glad I could make an appearance.
Those are lovely eggs. If I could find someone to eat them for me, I might venture out and do some this year! But just not at my house, because it's off limits.

Christy said...

You can come dye the next batch with us.

Christy said...

You can come dye the next batch with us.