Tuesday, August 25, 2015

This girl

This girl. She drives me crazy. She is 5 going on 15. Most of the time I don't know what to do with her.

A couple of weeks ago I took her out on a mommy-daughter date. And it was so fun! We went to dinner at Chilis and to the pet store to look at the animals. Seriously, it was just what I needed to not go crazy. We are going to start making this a regular habit. It was really good for me to be able to connect with her one-on-one and not have to worry about Zach (who always runs away when we are in a public place).

Don't mind that we both look like ragamuffins.
One day she wanted to play Monsters Inc and wanted me to throw Cheerios into her mouth and then put the Cheerios on a newspaper for her to eat like Sully does to Boo in the movie. What a crack up!

She sure has a sweet tooth. Uh-oh!

She has really been loving meeting the characters at Disneyland. And she's been having fun with my old autograph book. I love that we actually have more time to do this now. Before we were so focused on going on all the rides that we didn't take as much time to stop and interact with the characters. We try to meet one or two characters each time we go and see one of the shows. And I love it! They are so cute with the kids and the kids are in awe of them!


Why does Elsa always look so weird in "real life"? Every Elsa I've seen just looks awkward.

Anyway, I am really trying to enjoy Emmy and trying not to be frustrated with her so much. I really hope it's not this bad when she's a real teenager...

No comments: