Friday, August 14, 2015

Emmy goes to kindergarten!

Emmy started kindergarten this week! I'm so excited for her! (and me!) She was excited to pack her lunch and put it in her backpack and take some pictures at home. She also was excited to pick out her clothes to wear. The day before, at orientation, she said she needed to wear her fancy clothes to meet her teacher. Ha!

Then when we got to the school she got really nervous. I gave her a little chipboard heart to keep in her pocket and told her that she could reach in her pocket and touch it when she got scared and that it would help her to be brave. She thought that was a good idea.


This was her nervous face.

Then I told her to smile and this was her nervous smile.

But when it was time to go in, she went in and followed her teacher and didn't look back. She said she had fun. The second day she was nervous again and had a hard time going, but again when she got home she said she had fun.
Then the third day she went right in with no problems. I really like her teacher so far. I hope she makes friends and has a good experience. She is so shy and she said she was scared to talk to the other kids. I hope she finds some friends! I think she'll really like school once she gets used to it.

I feel bad saying this, but I'm so excited that she's in kindergarten. She and I have really been struggling lately and I think it will be really good for both of us to have a break from each other.

No comments: