Monday, February 9, 2015

Jacksonville

So, Matt's company is moving to Jacksonville, Florida sometime this year. It's been a roller coaster of a year trying to decide if we're going or not. In the meantime, Matt has had to go to Florida about once a month. This time, I made it work so I could go too!

I only spent 2 days in Jacksonville, but that was really enough to look around at the areas we are considering living. Of course it rained the entire 2 days I was in Jacksonville, but oh well!

We did manage to make it to the beach one evening.



And we had the BEST dinner at the Beachside Seafood Restaurant in Jacksonville beach. I had fish tacos with fish that was just brought in that morning. Matt had shrimp & chips. They were both delicious! And I had forgotten how much I love hush puppies. Good thing we had some with every meal for those 2 days. :)

And then, for dessert we had this AMAZING chocolate covered key lime pie. Seriously, it was SO GOOD. I was really tempted to order another one it was so good.

While Matt was at work one day, I asked one of the ladies from the ward out there if she could show me around. She did and it was so great! I'm so thankful that I have that connection. She also arranged for a lunch with some of the other ladies from the ward. It was pretty fun, and SO nice of her to do that.

I still don't know if we're going to move there, but at least now I know what to expect!

No comments: