Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Super-awesome Florida vacation: Part 2

Item #2 on the agenda for the weekend (after Harry Potter world) was Disney of course! We only had Saturday and Tuesday to do the Disney Parks, so we hit Epcot and Magic Kingdom on Saturday, and Animal Kingdom on Tuesday. (Hollywood Studios will have to wait til next time, we didn't make it there...oh well.)

We started off bright and early at Epcot. We went straight to Soarin over California, which I thought was funny that they had that ride in Epcot in Florida. But I do love that ride, so it was great. And we had a funny middle-aged lady right next to us who you could tell it was her first time on the ride and she was hooting and hollering almost as good as the Chinese grandma we had once on our row in CA.

We went on few rides. The Finding Nemo ride was pretty cute and they had an aquarium just outside the ride with dolphins, huge stingrays, and manatees.

We went to the World Showcase around lunchtime and had a sampling of deliciousness from several of the different countries. We had fish n chips in Britain. (Although a seagull snatched half of Caron's fish right out of her hand!)
We had crepes in France.

I wore this silly hat in Arabia or whatever it was...

And we had nachos in Mexico. And we ate them while listening to a mariachi band. There were also some really cool drummers in Japan. And they were women. I also saw a little girl dressed as Mulan and it was the cutest thing.

Then after lunch we hit Magic Kingdom. Oh how I love that place!

We did all the classic rides. Except Splash Mountain. We didn't want to get wet because then we would be cold. I love that they still have the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Disney World!

I also loved that they had Gaston's Tavern. My only regret was that I didn't get a cinnamon roll there and some LeFou's Brew. Next time!

I loved the floating lanterns near Rapunzel's Tower.


And of course the fireworks! We ran from the fireworks to the new ride, Snow White's Mine Train so that we wouldn't have to wait in a 2 hour line. Disney World was pretty crowded, so we did spend a lot of time waiting in lines. But we got to do pretty much everything we wanted so it was ok.

We stayed at Magic Kingdom til about 11:30 and walked about 12 miles that day!

On Tuesday we hit Animal Kingdom, and saw Dug and Russell! I was a dork and made Caron wait in line with me to get a picture with them. I just have a special place in my heart for Russell ever since Zach was born. :)

They also had this really cute Wilderness Explorer program all over the park where you could earn badges and stuff by doing different activities throughout the park.

The main ride, Everest, was pretty darn cool. The roller coaster even went backwards for part of the ride...something I totally was not expecting! But so fun!

We also saw the pretty awesome Lion King show.

And the safari where we saw tons of animals.

Check out that African cow with the huge horns!


And the kimodo dragon!

They had this awesome "Tree of Life" with all these animals carved into it.

It was pretty cool. We also made sure to get a Dole Whip, and the best part is that the African band was playing "Waka waka" while we were eating our Dole Whips. Perfect!

I just loved Disney World! And then Tuesday evening, Caron's work stuff started and I drove up to Jacksonville to meet up with Matt. It really was such a great vacation and a REALLY wonderful break!!!

No comments: