Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I won $100!

Several years ago, my dad offered $100 to any of his kids who could beat him in a triathlon before he turned 60. I've come close a couple of times, but never quite pulled it off. I haven't done any tris in 4 years (since before I got pregnant with Emily) but I wanted one last chance to try and win my $100 since he turns 60 in Feb.

So last weekend, I took my chances at the Ogden Valley Triathlon. It's a longer distance than any other tris I've done, but it was the last chance I had to try to beat my dad before Feb.

It was hard! But I finished the race. And I beat my dad. By about 10 minutes!

My wetsuit zipper broke during the swim and created a huge drag and I had a panic attack in the middle of the lake, so I thought my chances of beating him were down the tubes at that point.

But I recovered on the bike portion and put in a good bike time.

And made it through the run.

And finished about 10 min ahead of my dad. :)


I'm glad I did it even though it was HARD!

2 comments:

audrey said...

Oh my gosh Christy, you are a rock star! That's so great!!!!! And how awesome that you can do those things with your hubby and dad!

Kristen Brady said...

Way to go! That's awesome!