Wednesday, September 18, 2013

11 Months

Our little Zach-man is 11 months old this month. It's hard to believe that he's almost ONE!!! Crazy. The other day I put him in a hoodie and jeans and with his new haircut he just looked so stinkin' cute and like a little boy rather than a baby.

At 11 months, Zach has mastered the army scoot and gets around quite quickly. His favorite thing to do is scoot himself over to Emmy's kitchen, dump out all the plastic food and dishes and drop them around on the hardwood floor. He also loves to open cupboards and drawers and then shut them again and again.

He has recently started protesting baby food and only wants to eat whatever is on my plate. I am trying to wean him, and we're down to one nursing session per day, but he still doesn't drink great out of a cup so I worry that he doesn't get enough fluids.

He is still not sleeping through the night and often gets banished to the basement. I don't go in and feed him or anything when he wakes up and cries, and he usually will go back to sleep after a few minutes or so, but sometimes he will cry for an hour or two in the middle of the night...that is when he gets sent to the basement.  He loves to wake up very early (like 5 a.m.). Ugh! I hope that someday I will sleep again.

But he is hard to stay mad at for very long because of this stinkin' cute smile and big blue eyes.

He also loves to screech when he is happy, especially in the bath. He loves to babble and use his voice.

He hates to stand up. When I try to stand him up, he lifts his feet up. Ha! He is perfectly content to sit or scoot around.

I love my boy!

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

He is cute! That is funny about how he won't stand because Tyler is the exact opposite he will not bend his legs and just sit! Funny! They all have there own little personalities even when they are so cute and tiny! I hope he sleeps better for you SOON! :)