There are some things that I really think are important. Yet, I seem to be struggling to keep on top of them. So, I'm asking for your advice. How do you make these happen?
1. Spiritual well-being. How do you make time for quality scripture reading & pondering, meaningful prayer, reading the Ensign and conference talks, getting something out of church when you're feeding a baby or wrestling a 2-year-old, going to the temple regularly, and just feeling the Spirit present in your life?
2. Physical well-being. How do you make time, energy, and motivation to exercise? How do you get enough sleep when your baby is still not sleeping through the night? How do you make time & motivation to prepare healthy meals for your family (especially when you don't really like to cook? and especially lunch? I seem to really have a hard time with lunchtime.)
3. Marriage. How do you spend quality time with your spouse? How do you continue your courtship when going out on a real date sometimes seems impossible due to expensive babysitters and nursing babies?
4. Getting out of the house. How do you make sure to get out of the house? Especially when your kids just whine half the time when you try to go somewhere? And when lots of places cost money? And when you have to go and be back before your baby needs to eat again.
5. Social. How do you make/keep friends? How do you infiltrate yourself into your new neighborhood? How do you get people to do things with you and get yourself invited to things? And then how do you do that with kids and naps and bedtimes, etc? How do you make yourself more exciting and a better conversationalist so that people will want to hang out with you?
6. Parenting. How do you prepare meaningful, engaging activities to do with your children rather than just let them play around you (and get bored in the meantime?) How do you not get frustrated when they don't cooperate or make huge messes?
7. Taking care of yourself. How do you make time for & motivate yourself to make yourself look nice when you know you're just going to get spit up on and not go anywhere (and half your nice clothes don't fit yet anyway)? And every time you step out of the shower, your baby starts crying or your toddler whines about needing this or that. How do you make time (and money) for your hobbies?
It seems as though I spend all my time & energy responding/reacting to my kids' needs/whining/crying/or whatever when I could probably be more proactive about taking care of these things. I just don't know how. I am really trying to be better about these important aspects of life and any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.