Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why I am a wuss

I have realized in the past few weeks that I really am a wuss. I have been pretty miserable throughout this whole pregnancy, and have probably not been a very nice person to be around.

Sure I have been dealing with lots of nausea, pain, loss of strength in my hands, numbness, swelling, sleepless nights, heartburn, shoes not fitting, etc. but at least it's only temporary. And then I thought of the people who have to deal with this kind of stuff on a regular, permanent basis. Like Matt's grandma who always has to wear compression sleeves on her arms and legs to keep swelling down. Or my mom who has been losing strength in her hands and other muscles for years. Or Matt, whose feet have a bone that's too long in them and so they hurt all the time, and he can never find shoes that fit. And I hardly ever hear a complaint out of them.

So I need to have a better attitude and be more like them and try to just suck it up and deal with it. And so I'm going to get over my vanity and paranoia about being so blown up like a hot air balloon and take a preggo picture. I figure Baby Boy deserves at least one. Here's to almost 38 weeks....


No comments: