Monday, January 10, 2011

Staying home: Week 1

My first week home was mostly good. I got up on time every day (except one), exercised, did my hair, and read scriptures every day, got everything organized, wrote 8 articles, got offered 2 freelance projects (which I am excited about), made dinner every night, and even invited our neighbors over to play games one night. I felt like that was a good week and a good start to my resolutions. I just need to keep it up!

I also got offered a part-time job at BYU. I have been wanting a part-time job at BYU ever since I decided to quit my full time one. But something about it just didn't feel right, so I turned it down. I hope that was the right thing. I also saw one of my students at the gym the other morning, and it made me slightly sad that I wasn't going into the office with her.

For the most part, I have enjoyed being home with Emily. I have LOVED not having to leave her in the mornings. It has been fun to play with her more and see her getting so close to crawling! (Yikes!) She has been quite cranky this week though, I am trying to figure out why. She could be teething...how long does that take? I also think she might not be getting enough to eat. She hasn't been gaining enough weight and I think my milk supply is going downhill. I also think she is allergic to formula because I mixed some in with her cereal when I ran out of my freezer stash of pumped milk, and she got this horrible rash all over her face. She's got her 6-month checkup here pretty soon, so I hope the doctor can help me figure out what is wrong with her.

No comments: