Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vacation!

In one month from today, I will be doing this....


We are going on a REAL VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. We are going on an Alaskan cruise, and I can't wait. I have always wanted to go to Alaska. And my blessed mother is watching Emily for an entire week so we can have this getaway. THANK YOU MOM!!!! I am so excited to see beautiful country and not have to worry about cooking or cleaning or anything and just relax and enjoy and rejuvenate!

Before Emily was born, I used to go on a few vacations a year. I LOVE traveling and I miss it so much. It has always been one of my favorite things to do. Since a few months before Emily was born, we haven't gone anywhere without her for more than a couple of hours (that's over 2 years! and I was having major travel withdrawals.)

It's kind of funny because as we were planning this trip, we wanted to go for our anniversary in July (and also wait until my class I am teaching was over) but apparently cruise lines won't let you on the boat if you are one minute over 24 weeks pregnant. So we tried a bunch of other options that didn't involve a cruise, but nothing was working out. So we finally decided that we'll just have to bump it up a few weeks so I can go just before I reach 24 weeks. I'll have to teach my class from the boat, but that won't be too big of a deal. (And it was much cheaper to go in June than in July anyway.)

Alaska....here we come! Anyone want to come with us?

5 comments:

Kristen Brady said...

What port are you going out of? We would totally drive over to Seattle to see you guys! And I SO want to come, but all our vacation time and money is being dedicated to a family reunion this summer. SO JEALOUS!!

Christy said...

Yes, it does leave from Seattle. I'll email you!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I would love to come, but we were going to the Oregon coast in June, and a cruise to Mexico in November, so an Alaska cruise just isn't in the cards for this year. But I can't wait to hear all about it.

A. Hall said...

Wahoo! Is it Alaska interior? If so, we will probably miss you. Where are your ports?

rebekah said...

I'm glad this worked out for you! Yay!