Saturday, October 30, 2010

Goodbye Grandma

Eileen Leonila Trujillo Lively & Charlie Matthew Lively

Matt's grandma passed away this past week. Although I have only known her for a little over 2 years, I really liked her a lot. She was an amazing example of what a good grandma is. Ever since I joined the family, she treated me like her own granddaughter. I really enjoyed spending time at her home. It just felt so warm and cozy there. She was an amazing cook and seamstress. I was always so impressed by her projects. She was very generous, and made me feel very loved.

My favorite memory of her was when we got snowed in at her house on Christmas Day. We had spent the afternoon and evening there and as we were getting ready to head home, there was a huge blizzard. You couldn't even see 3 feet in front of you. The roads were closed and so we all camped out at Grandma's house. She even slept in the living room with the rest of us.

She was a wonderful lady and she will be very missed. I am glad that I was able to know her even if it was just for a short time. I wish that I would have gotten to know Matt's grandpa too. He passed away right around the time that we got married, so I only got to meet him a couple of times. But I'm glad that they were good grandparents to Matt, and that I can hopefully learn more about them so I can pass on that knowledge to Emily so she can know of her wonderful heritage. Goodbye Grandma. We love you and will see you again.

No comments: