Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More from the reception

We had our reception at Le Jardin Chateau in Sandy. It is a greenhouse, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I was so pleased with how everything turned out.

The food was catered by Pat Moss, who is from my parents' ward and it was so delicious. We had little mini desserts, croissant sandwiches, cheese & crackers, and fresh fruit. Laurie made us a little doggie bag to take with us so we could taste it all since we didn't get a chance to eat at the reception.

My awesome friend Liesl did all our flowers. I LOVE how the centerpieces turned out. She did a mix of gerber daisies and roses in the vases, and put rose petals and Hershey kisses on the tables around the vases. It was absolutely beautiful.

My bouquet was so fun. I love gerber daisies.

The guest book table. I thought it looked so cute. Our guest book I made myself using Shutterfly.com. It turned out really awesome.

Matt insisted on having rubber duckies, so I found these adorable bride & groom duckies that we put in all the fountains around the greenhouse. They were a big hit with the two-year-olds. Kept them entertained the entire time.

Matt's tribute to me was really sweet. He told me all the things he loved about me and promised to give me his very best.

For my tribute to Matt, I wrote a song and played it on my guitar. It was to the tune of "Time of Our Lives" by Green Day. Here are the words.

Who'd have guessed that we'd be standing here like this.
A friendship turned to love, we've never known such bliss.
So many good times we've had in all we've done.
Road trips, triathlons--it's all been so much fun.

It was something unpredictable, but it sure turned out right,
and I'm having the time of my life.

Another turning point we've come to in our lives.
Here we stand today as husband and as wife.
I give to you my hand, my heart and so much more.
This life we start today has so much joy in store.

It was something unpredictable, but I sure know it's right,
and I'm having the time of my life.

Life may be unpredictable, but there's one thing that's true.
I know I will always love you.
I know I will always love you.

We had our first dance. Our song was "At the Beginning" from the Anastasia soundtrack.

Then we had everyone come dance with us. I was afraid nobody would join in but we got a pretty good crowd out there cutting a rug with us. It was so much fun!

And of course I had to dance with my Dad.

These little kids were adorable! They were Matt's friends' kids and they didn't know each other but apparently got hooked up after drinking the red punch because they just kept dancing with each other all night long!

And Grandpa Russ and AnnaLou had to join in on the fun. They are never ones to sit out.

Anyway, it was just a lot of fun. We decided that we wanted our reception just to be a big party/celebration with all our family and friends. And it was. It really was one of the most fun nights of my life. It's not very often that you get to request pretty much everything you love and have it all be there at the same time in the same place. I loved it!

More to come of the temple/wedding party/family pictures.

4 comments:

Sphinx said...

Congrats on your wedding!

The Graham Family! said...

Ashlyn would be one of those kids that played with the ducks in the fountains ALL night!! It was quite nice to have something to keep her so well entertained!!

sarah h. said...

All your picts turned out really great. I love them.

Thompson Family said...

Christy
This is Elizabeth Gray Thompson. I just found your site through Shannon's site. I wanted to offer my congratulations. You are such a handsome couple and you look so very happy. Matt looks very familiar to me did he serve a mission in California? Check out our site thompsonsandthegoodlife.blogspot.com