Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun in the snow

This weekend we went up to my family's cabin. It was really fun and nice to get away for a bit. Here we are just lounging around...which is the best part of going to the cabin. In fact, on Saturday morning when people were itching to go for a snowmobile ride and I was still laying on the couch with my blankie, someone was telling me to get a move-on and I said, "Do you know how long it's been since I've just lounged about?" And Matt said, "It's because you never let us!" Ha ha! That's probably true...I am always running around doing something.

We drank lots of hot chocolate and ate lots of donuts. And lots of other stuff too. Oops! Matt seems to find joy in taking pictures of me playing with babies.

Matt came in second in the pull up contest. My uncle has this strange obsession with making all the boys see how many pull ups they can do on the cabin's ceiling beam. Nathan beat him by only one pull up. Way to go Matt!

We went for a lovely snowmobile ride. Luckily we did not die even though I thought we might after we halfway rolled the snowmobile going up a hill. And when we were going down through a scary gully.

I know we look just lovely in this picture, but it was the only one I got of us.

It was a beautiful day, and I have the raccoon sunburn to prove it. Don't you just love it when your whole face gets chapped?!

We also went sledding, which I did not get any pictures of. It was a blast! Allison almost fell in the river. It was a great day for sledding...we were going so fast and far. And the best part...snowmobiles to pick you up at the bottom of the hill and take you back to the top. It was a great time.

So last night one of our Primary kids came over with her dad to bring us some cookies. I was just telling Matt how when we have children I am going to make them write thank-you notes to their Primary teachers and bring them treats. So it was nice that one of them really did that. She is the best one out of them all though. She is not the one who makes us hate Primary. But it was nice to get a little thank you for all our hard labors. And now we get a break...we don't have to teach for 3 whole weeks!!! Oh what a glorious day!

One more week til our Moab half marathon. Ya'll are invited to come cheer us along this Saturday!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

OH I'm super jealous. Looks like you had a fun time.

Miss you!

Bethany said...

I remember our fun trip to your family's cabin--oh so many years ago! :)

Danielle said...

I make Parker do that on occasion since he is one of "those kids"!